Thursday, November 3, 2011

Teaching about Food through Digital Storytelling

     A great way to teach students about cultural food is by using digital storytelling.  I created an example digital story about How to Make Paella on Bubblr.  Below is a copy of this story.  I would use this in order to teach students about other cultures.  It was so simple for me to create that I would definitely consider having my students pick another Spanish food and create their own digital stories showing how to make their food.  This would get students interested in the class by allowing them to use technology and have them learning about other cultures.

     If I were really to use this digital story in my classroom I would add some Spanish into the slides.  Instead of just reading all the ingredients in English, the students could learn about the culture and some new food vocabulary words all at once.

1 comment:

Maryanne said...

Yum! I haven't made paella in a while, but you've inspired me!