Friday, September 23, 2011

Ways to Memorize Vocabulary (according to Kristen Winkler)

     The site that I commented on was Kristenwinkler.com and the name of the post was "How to memorize vocabulary?"  The author gives five methods for learning, memorizing, and practicing vocabulary in foreign languages.  The five ways are: internet vocabulary drills, social learning websites, language programs by broadcast companies, video lessons, and by singing.
 
     I think there are some great ideas here!  For me the best way of learning vocabulary was doing flash cards (the old way though, paper cards and a pen).  I think actually writing the flashcards is just as useful as studying the cards, so this might be more effective than some of the websites.  I haven't had the chance to use social learning websites but I imagine it would be very interesting and effective.  I have used video lessons and songs in my classrooms and these are great ways to practice vocabulary.  Lastly, lanugage programs by broadcast companies I do not know much about but I would love to learn more about and use in the future! 

Here are some links to websites that could be usefule for memorizing vocabulary (taken from Kristen Winkler's blog):

2 comments:

Maryanne said...

I think that there must be flashcard apps for smart phones and that some students would enjoy practicing that way as well.

Regarding Livemocha.com, it is an awesome site. I used it for a short time when I was trying to learn Chinese. It's worth checking out.

readingcare said...

great!!

i love this type of post very much who help new generation to getting educated
keep it on.....

ACT vocabulary flashcards
SAT vocabulary flashcards